Thursday, October 20, 2011

"Remembering the Lord's goodness"

O give thanks to the Lord for He is good, for His mercy endures for ever.  ~Psalm 136:1

And this is also important for us: remembering the Lord's goodness. Remembering becomes the strength of hope. Remembering tells us: God is; God is good, and His mercy is eternal. And thus, remembering opens the road to the future -- even in the darkness of a day, of a moment in time, it is the light and star that guides us. Let us, too, remember the good; let us remember God's eternal, merciful love.

~Pope Benedict XVI, Angelus Message of 10/19/11, catechesis on Psalm 136 (135)


My dear Jesus, whose goodness and mercy follow me all the days of my life, may my remembering of You become my eternal hymn of praise to Your gloryAmen!  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment