Tuesday, May 24, 2011

The Father's Love

The Father himself loves you. ~John 16:27

"The Father loves me, He wants me, He needs me." That kind of attitude is our trust, our joy, our conviction. Anything may come: impatience, failures, joy, but say to yourself, "The Father loves me." God has created the whole world, but He is our Father. In prayer, create that conviction from the inside: Father and child.  ~Blessed Teresa of Calcutta

<><><><><><><><><><><>

Ave Maria!  The Father loves me!  What a happy thought to begin my day!  And not just a mere thought but a "really real" reality ... not a fleeting idea or a passing inspiration but the absolute truth upon which I have built and will forever stake my very life ... "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you" (Jeremiah 31:3). 
The Father's love!
tender but strong, faithful and true ...
all-embracing and all-forgiving ...
without beginning or end ...
ineffable love, enduring love, abiding love!
"O Love that will not let me go!"
Oh Father who loves me so, let me remember You throughout this day!  When I forget, everything turns dark and dreary, and then I become lost, lonely and sad, a disconsolate orphan far from home.  May Your love for me, Your desire for me, and Your need of me keep me close to You, my true and eternal home.  Thank you, my God, for being my Father -- and for making me Your little child.  Amen.  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment