Monday, May 23, 2011

TA DAH!

Faith in Jesus means to follow him daily in the simple actions that make up our day. ~Pope Benedict XVI, Regina Coeli, 5/22/11

Your every act should be done with love. ~1 Cor 16:14

Ave Maria!  This is how things appear to me as I look to the day ahead -- an overflowing stack of "to do's" that will really never end because things just keep piling up, one right after another.  The challenge for me will be to turn every "to do" into a "ta dah".  Do people even use this expression any longer?  For all I know, it might have a different meaning these days, but, for me, it's still an exclamation of triumph.  At the end of my day, I want to be able to say "ta dah!" -- not in congratulations of myself and my meager accomplishments but in exultation of my Beloved Lord who calls me to follow Him in the simple actions of my everyday life.  I want my "ta dah!" to mean "I live now, not I, but You in me!" (Gal 2:20)  I want the triumph to be all His, the glorious victory of His Love that died, rose again and is still with us -- eternal love that bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things (1 Cor 13:7).

Dear Lord, by the power of Your Risen Love, transform all my "to do's" into Your "ta dah's."  Amen!  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment