Friday, May 29, 2009

"Grow, labor, suffer, and be glad"

Easter in me, triumphant Lord:
grow, labor, suffer, and be glad.
Repentecost, creative Breath:
speak to my heart and say,
"See, your God is with you and within you.
Tell Him how good He is."
"Prayer of the Church in Council"
Thomas Dobney, S.J.
published in Commonweal, June 1963


It's true, we really can find just about anything out there in cyberspace. The past couple of days the second line of the above prayer has been running through my mind over and over again. I couldn't remember the rest of it, so I googled it and within seconds found it in the archives for Commonweal magazine. It was published during the Second Vatican Council, which began on October 11, 1962 and ended on December 8, 1965. With Google at my fingertips, I've become less motivated to organize my files of articles, poems, prayers and quotes that I've been collecting since I was in high school. Perhaps I'll finally tackle this project when I retire from my retirement!

No comments:

Post a Comment