Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The cup of Christ...

Can you drink the cup that I am going to drink?  ~Matthew 20:23

The road, you shall follow it.
The success, you shall forget it.
The cup, you shall drain it.
The pain, you shall hide it.
The truth, you shall learn it.
The end, you shall endure it.
Dag Hammarskjold, 1905-1961

Dear Lord, sometimes I think that I've had quite enough of Your wild, imperious ways.  Then You remind me that Your cup of bitterness, Your bath of pain -- the unfathomable depths of Your Crucified Love! --  await me still.  O my Jesus, I am so fearful and so weak!  Passion of Christ, strengthen me!  Take me in Your arms and forever hold me close so that with You I may pass over from death to life.  Amen.

But my trust is in You, O Lord.
I say, "You are my God."
In your hands is my destiny...
save me in Your steadfast love!
~Psalm 31

No comments:

Post a Comment