Monday, June 6, 2016

Not a pretty picture...!


I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot.  Would that you were cold or hot!  So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spew you out of my mouth.  ~Revelation 3:16

We must loathe lukewarm people. This message is found throughout scripture. Those who are violent are better off, even if initially they do evil. We cannot expect anything from souls who are slumbering; from those who do good – or think they do good – by abstaining from evil. A heart that is on fire, even if it bewilders us at times, is equipped to serve. God freely chooses his saints from among the great sinners, but never from among those who are lukewarm – from those who do not risk anything.  ~Henri Daniel-Rops

Deliver us from lukewarmness, dear Lord -- and especially deliver me from myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment