Thursday, April 7, 2016

"I arose from the dead and am still with you, alleluia!"

I am still with thee.  Centuries cannot separate us.  My action on thy soul is as real as upon Magdalen's.  It is I who say to thee: Thy sins are forgiven thee, go in peace.  It is I who come to thee on Easter morning and expect thy welcome; who call thee by name and listen for thy "Rabboni!"  I took to myself all the affection of that ardent heart.  I want and ask for thine.
Earthly loss troubles thee.  By death, by distance, by estrangement, friends fall away from thy side, and the sense of loneliness deepens -- be comforted.  I am still with thee.  Vague fears cloud thy soul and make thee ill at ease in My Presence, fears that elude scrutiny with their importunity -- Fear not, I am still with thee.
~Mother Mary Loyola in With the Church, Vol. 1 
 Rabboni!
My Lord and my All!
My King and my God!
Jesus, my mercy and my joy!
I give You my heart and fear not
for You are risen indeed and still with me!
Amen!  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment