Tuesday, February 4, 2014

To Jesus Through Mary!

"And when the time came for their purification according to the law of Moses, they brought him up to Jerusalem to present Him to the Lord..."  ~Luke 2:22

"O Jesus, You went to the Temple to offer Yourself.  Who offered You?  The Virgin Mary, who has never had, and never will have, an equal.  You were offered by Mary who, through the mouth of Wisdom, was called by Your Father the 'all-beautiful, all-fair.'"  ~St. Mary Magdalen dei Pazzi

Ave Maria!  In company with many Catholics throughout the world, upon rising each day I pray the traditional Morning Offering:


O Jesus
 through the Immaculate Heart of Mary,
I offer you all my prayers, works, joys, and sufferings of this day
in union with the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass throughout the world.
I offer them for all the intentions of your Sacred Heart:
the salvation of souls,
reparation for sin, and the
reunion of all Christians.
I offer them
for the intentions of our bishops,
and of all Apostles of Prayer,
and in particular for those recommended
by our Holy Father this month. 

Amen.

How right and good it is to make my daily offering this way!  As our Blessed Mother offered her Beloved Son to the Lord in the Temple, so through her I desire to offer myself with Jesus to the Eternal Father.  Ah, what joy and confidence is mine -- to Jesus through Mary!  Amen!  Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment