Wednesday, December 11, 2013

"the quiet haven of communion with God"


Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.  ~Matthew 11:28

"The great agitation in the world of today makes it more and more urgent to gain inner strength in those quiet encounters with Christ that make it possible for us to remain under his rule and authority. Situated as we are in the midst of a world that is so terribly unpeaceful, we need constant nourishment for our inner life. In short, if we want to avoid suffering inward shipwreck in the storm of public opinion and chaos, then our hidden inner being needs daily the quiet haven of communion with God."

Eberhard Arnold, Innerland: A Guide into the Heart of the Gospel

In God alone be at rest, my soul,
for my hope is from him.
He alone is my rock, my salvation,
my fortress; never shall I falter.
Psalm 62(61):6-7

No comments:

Post a Comment