Monday, December 30, 2013

Supermoon Alert!


Ave Maria!  Just so you know, the first supermoon of the new year will appear on January 1, 2014.  Yes, I know it's a bit redundant to say the "new year" and then follow with the year itself.  I just need the practice, that's all -- 2014, 2014, 2014!!!  Starting the day after tomorrow, that is...

Interesting to note: 
(1) This first supermoon will be a new moon, not a full moon.
(2) The second supermoon will also be in January, on the 31st, which is unusual.  It too will be a new moon.
(3) There will be a total of five supermoons in 2014.   
Read more here.  I can't wait to see it!  The supermoon, that is, not the article  for which I just provided the link.  I know that my sweet Annie, who's currently being a snowbird with her husband John in Florida, will be watching this moon rise as well as taking pictures as only she can.  I'll post them as soon as I receive them from her.  Tomorrow I will post some gorgeous sunsets that she emailed me from a few evenings ago.  Ah, such glory!

So the day after tomorrow, January 1, 2014, the first supermoon of the new year will rise.  Be there, if you can -- and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment