Thursday, August 22, 2013

Richard Joseph Mansfield, RIP

Ave Maria!  Today I remember Daddy.  I always remember him, day after day, year after year, but today I remember him in a very special way because it's the 41st anniversary of his going home to the Father.  Daddy lived simply, quietly and humbly, with serenity and confidence for he knew the One in whom he had placed his trust (2 Tim 1:12).  His vision of eternity kept him joyful among the trials and tribulations of this weary world.  He possessed the heart of a child, evidenced at times by his spirit of playfulness, which occasionally led him to pull hilarious practical jokes on unsuspecting family members, friends, and coworkers. 

One of Daddy's favorite Scripture verses was 1 Corinthians 2:9:  "That eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, what things God hath prepared for them that love him."  I often think, "Now Daddy sees and hears, now he knows, for surely he has entered into the joy of his Lord and Master."

Yes, today, with much love and gratitude, I remember Daddy and rejoice.

1 comment:

  1. God Bless your dad Alice. I'll remember him in prayers today.

    ReplyDelete