Thursday, September 22, 2011

Gloria!

Praised be Your holy Name, not mine.  I will praise Your name, but not my own; I will esteem Your doings, not my own:  I will bless Your holy Name.  I desire no share in the praises of men.  You alone are my glory.  You alone are the joy of my heart.  I will offer You praise and glory every hour of the day; but for myself, I will glory in nothing, unless it be in my own weakness...I will seek the glory that God alone can give.  For all human glory, all this world's honors, all earthly titles, compared with Your eternal glory, are mere vanity and foolishness.  O blessed Trinity, my God, my Truth, my Mercy, to You alone let all things ascribe all praise, honor, power, and glory throughout endless ages. 

~The Imitation of Christ, Book 3, Chapter 40

Let my mouth be filled with praise,
that I may sing thy glory,
thy greatness all the day long.
~Psalm 71:8

No comments:

Post a Comment