Friday, September 9, 2011

O my strength!

Hen's Castle, Ireland
 
O my Strength, for you will I watch,
for you, O God, are my stronghold,
the God who shows me merciful love.

...I will sing of your strength,
and acclaim your mercy in the morning,
for you have been my stronghold,
a refuge in the day of distress.

O my Strength, to you I will sing praise,
for you, O God, are my stronghold,
the God who shows me merciful love.

Psalm 59:10, 17-18 (Revised Grail Psalter)

Ave Maria!  Do you ever have one of those days when you just slog along, barely able to put one foot in front of the other, feeling utterly spent?  Of course you do, if you're human!  I've had a string of them lately.  It's nothing serious, mind you, mostly just a flare up of my "CFP", which is my nickname for my long-time friend, chronic fatigue and pain.  At such a time, I often turn to the above verses from the Psalter.  This has been my constant song these past couple of weeks, even when I awaken during the night.  What a magnificent hymn, resounding in hope and confidence!  Singing it renews within me the absolute conviction that, indeed, I can and will do all things in Him who strengthens me (Phil 4:13).  O my strength!  GLORY HALLELUJAH!

No comments:

Post a Comment