Monday, December 6, 2010

Being Happy with Being Unhappy

But it is a wonderful thing that we are not happy with ourselves, because the most terrible thing would be that we are at peace with our faults, absorbed in ourselves, blaming our faults on other people...the tenderness, the sweetness of Advent is wedded to that great mystery which begins with the call: Now is the time. Now is the hour. Wake up and be made perfect in holiness.

~from Come, Lord Jesus: Meditations on the Art of Waiting by Mother Mary Francis, P.C.C.

O Jesus, living in Mary, I'm happy being unhappy with myself as long as it makes me more aware of my deep need for Your salvation and brings me closer to You. Mary, Virgin of Advent, please, always lead me to Your Son, the fruit of your womb, Jesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment