Saturday, December 12, 2009

Today's Feast: Our Lady of Guadalupe

Hear and let it penetrate into your heart, my dear little son: Let nothing discourage you, nothing depress you. Let nothing alter your heart or your countenance. Also, do not fear any illness or vexation, anxiety or pain. Am I not here who am your mother? Are you not under my shadow and protection? Am I not your fountain of life? Are you not in the folds of my mantle, in the crossing of my arms? Is there anything else that you need? ~Words of Our Lady of Guadalupe to St. Juan Diego, Dec. 12, 1531

The words Our Lady of Guadalupe spoke to St. Juan Diego on December 12, 1531, are among the most comforting and encouraging ever recorded in the history of mankind. Whenever I am in sorrow, trouble or distress, I love to listen to them and hear our Blessed Mother assure me that all shall be well indeed.

Dear Mary, Virgin of the Advent, thank you for always being "Mater Admirabilis," my most wonderful mother! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment