Monday, September 28, 2009

The Lord Takes Delight In His People, part 2

Again I hear the psalmist say, "The Lord takes delight in his people" (Ps 149:4). This time, however, I ask, "Who, her?" And I hear Him say ... "yes, her ... the one so very dear to you ... the one whose joys and sorrows are your own ... the one who makes you laugh and cry all at the same time ... the one who is bone of your bones, flesh of your flesh, spirit of your spirit ... the one over whom you fret and worry, for whom you pray night and day, for whom you would gladly lay down your life if necessary ... the one who is your sister, your mother, your cousin, your friend of friends ... she is the joy of your heart and the apple of my eye ... yes, her, never forget that I love her a thousandfold more than you do, I cherish and protect her, I provide for all her needs in ways you can never begin to imagine ... upon her my favor rests .. be at peace then, and rejoice and be glad, for in her I take such great delight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment