Friday, August 27, 2010

The power and wisdom of God

The message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God...we proclaim Christ crucified...Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. ~1 Cor 1:18, 23-24

He is calling you (cf. Jn 11:28)! He wants to take your life and join it to his. Let yourself be embraced by him! Gaze no longer upon your own wounds, gaze upon his. Do not look upon what still separates you from him and from others; look upon the infinite distance that he has abolished by taking your flesh, by mounting the Cross which men had prepared for him, and by letting himself be put to death so as to show you his love. In his wounds, he takes hold of you; in his wounds, he hides you. Do not refuse his Love! ~Pope Benedict XVI
My dear Jesus, I hear You calling me by name. I am afraid, but I cannot resist You. "Within Thy wounds, hide me!" Only there will I fully know the power and the wisdom of the Father's Eternal Love. Only there will I truly live no longer for myself but for You, crucified yet risen and alive for ever more. Amen! Alleluia!

No comments:

Post a Comment