Friday, April 30, 2010

John 14:1

"Do not let your hearts be troubled", Jesus said to the Apostles at the Last Supper. "Have faith in God and have faith also in me" (Jn 14: 1). The human heart, ever restless until it finds a safe landing place in its wanderings, here at last reaches the solid rock where it can stop and rest. Those who trust in Jesus place their trust in God himself. In fact, Jesus is true Man, but we can have complete and unconditional faith in him because, as he himself said to Philip a little later, he is in the Father and the Father is in him (cf. Jn 14: 10). In this, God truly came to meet our needs. ~Pope Benedict XVI

Blessed are You, O Lord, my rock! You are my love, my fortress, my stronghold, my savior, my shield, my place of refuge (Ps 144:2). Today I will obey Your command to not let my heart be troubled: I will have faith in You. Jesus, I trust in You! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment