Thursday, February 18, 2016

"faithful in a very little"



…many good souls are hungry to do great things for God.  They complain that they have no opportunities for heroic virtue, no chance at the apostolate.  They would be martyrs; but when a meal is late, or a bus is crowded, when the theater is filled, or the dance postponed, or the bacon overdone, they are upset for a whole day.  They miss their opportunities for loving God in the little things He asks of them.  Our Lord said: 'Whoever is faithful in a very little is faithful also in much" (Luke 16:10).  ~Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

I will bless you all my life;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
~Psalm 63(62):5

Dear Lord, may I never overlook the little things You ask of me
but rather, make of them an offering of love and praise to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment