Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary

Let us celebrate the Immaculate Conception of the Virgin Mary;
Let us adore her Son, Christ the Lord.
~Invitatory from the Divine Office for Dec 8 


You are the glory of Jerusalem,
you are the joy of Israel,
you are the honor of our people.
You have been blessed, O Virgin Mary,
by the Lord God on high,
more than all other women on earth.
Draw us, O Virgin immaculate;
we will run after you
to the odor of your ointments.
~from the Divine Office for Dec 8
O my dear Mother Mary -- our life, our sweetness and our hope! -- I will indeed run after you, with great confidence and abounding joy, because I know that you will always lead me to Jesus, your Beloved Son and my Precious Lord and Savior. Ave, ave, ave Maria!

No comments:

Post a Comment