Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday of the First Week of Lent


With Christ I am nailed to the cross. And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. ~Galatians 2:19-20

The cross is everywhere; the cross is necessary; the cross makes saints. The cross, the great and the true cross was borne by our Lord Jesus Christ. What is there so extraordinary, then, about suffering a little or even a lot? Far from crushing us, accurate knowledge of our condition should bring us all the joy involved in being a real Christian. It is very good to be a little farther along on the way toward heaven. If it were not for our sufferings that the good Lord has imposed upon us out of love (because we ourselves would never have dared take on burdens), what would we have to offer Him? Where would be our resemblance to Christ?  ~Mother Marie des Douleurs in Joy Our of Sorrow

Thank you, dear Jesus, for the precious crosses You give me!
Passion of Christ, strengthen me!

No comments:

Post a Comment