Monday, October 7, 2013

Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary

"The rosary becomes a look at Mary, which grows in intensity little by little as one proceeds.  It ends by being a refrain which springs from the heart and, which repeated, sweetens the soul like a song.  When they speak of 'adult Christians' in prayer, sometimes they exaggerate.  Personally, when I speak with God and Our Lady, I prefer to feel myself a child, rather than a grown-up.  The miter, the zucchetto, the ring disappear.  I send the grown-up on vacation, and the bishop with him, and abandon myself to the spontaneous tenderness that a child has for its papa and mama.  To be for a while before God as I am in reality, with the worst of myself and the best of myself; to let rise to the surface from the depths of my being the child I once was, who wants to laugh, to chatter, to love the Lord, and who sometimes feels the need to cry so that he may be shown mercy, helps me to pray.  The rosary, a simple and easy prayer, helps me to be a child, and I am not ashamed at all." 

~Pope John Paul I, written in 1972 when he was Bishop Albino Luciani of Vittorio Veneto, Italy; quoted in The Smiling Pope: The Life and Teaching of John Paul I, by Raymond and Lauretta Seabeck
 
Dearest Mary, Mother Most Wonderful, how happy I am to be your little child!  Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment