Saturday, September 28, 2013

"the true 'Eucharistic attitude'"


"In the Eucharist the Church is completely united to Christ and his sacrifice, and makes her own the spirit of Mary. This truth can be understood more deeply by re-reading the Magnificat in a Eucharistic key. The Eucharist, like the Canticle of Mary, is first and foremost praise and thanksgiving. When Mary exclaims: 'My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Saviour', she already bears Jesus in her womb. She praises God 'through' Jesus, but she also praises him 'in' Jesus and 'with' Jesus. This is itself the true 'Eucharistic attitude.'" 

~Bl. John Paul II, Ecclesia de Eucharistia, 4/17/03

Dear Mary, "Woman of the Eucharist," help me to make my life  more and more like yours, "completely a Magnificat" -- "through him, and with him, and in him," for the glory of the Father.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment