Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Feast of Our Lady of Mount Carmel

As the vine I have brought forth a pleasant odor: and my flowers are the fruit of honor and riches.

I am the mother of fair love, and of fear, and of knowledge, and of holy hope. In me is all grace of the way and of the truth, in me is all hope of life and of virtue.

Come over to me, all you that desire me, and be filled with my fruits.

For my spirit is sweet above honey, and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.

My memory is unto everlasting generations.

They that eat me, shall yet hunger: and they that drink me, shall yet thirst.

He that hearkens to me, shall not be confounded: and they that work by me, shall not sin.

They that explain me shall have life everlasting. 

~Sirach 24: 23-31 (Douay-Rheims translation)

Holy Mary, Mother of God,
thank you for giving us
the blessed fruit of your womb,
your Beloved Son, Jesus!
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment