Thursday, June 27, 2013

"In God, whose word I praise..."

Ave Maria!  These are troubling times.  They call for putting on "the whole armor of God," as St. Paul told the believers at Ephesus to do, that they might "be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might."  In Eph 6:10-18, St. Paul tells us what this means, specifically instructing us to take "the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God" (vs 17).  So today I spent some extra time with the Scriptures, begging our Lord Jesus to enlighten and strengthen me with His gracious word, which is able to save our souls.  I was inspired to write out the following verses, which I will keep close at hand and even closer in my heart.  JESUS, I TRUST IN YOU!

Come to me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am gentle and lowly in heart; and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.  ~Mt 11:28-30

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you.  Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.  ~Jn 14:27

If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.  If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.  ~Jn 15:18-19

In the world you have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.  ~Jn 16:33

He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.  ~1 Jn 4:4

In all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.  ~Rom 8:37

For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that overcomes the world, our faith.  Who is it that overcomes the world but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?  ~1 Jn 5:4-5

And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in the one body.  And be thankful. 
~Col 3:15

For he himself is our peace...  ~Eph 2:14

But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am sure that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me.  ~1 Tim 1:12

But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.  ~1 Cor 15:57

In God, whose word I praise,
in the Lord, whose word I praise,
in God I trust without a fear.
What can man do to me?
~Psalm 56(57):10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment