Wednesday, November 28, 2012

"deciding to follow that King"


“We are all called to prolong the salvific work of God, converting to the Gospel, firmly deciding to follow that King who has not come to be served but to serve and to bear witness to the truth (cf. Mark 10:45; John 18:37).”  ~Pope Benedict XVI, 11/25/12 Angelus Message on the Solemnity of Christ the King 

“I turn to you, my own Jesus, King of happiness and eternal glory, and I embrace you with all the strength of my soul. I adore you with my whole heart. I choose you to be my King now and forever. By this inviolable act of fidelity I pay you irrevocable homage. I submit myself to your holy laws and ordinances.” ~St. Francis de Sales in Introduction to the Devout Life, Book 1, Chapter 18 

To the King of ages,
immortal, invisible,
the only God,
be honor and glory
for ever and ever!
~1 Timothy 1:17

No comments:

Post a Comment