Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Espoused to Him!


Full Moon by Ann L. Krumrein

"I am espoused to Him whom the angels serve.  Sun and moon stand in wonder at His glory."  ~from the Rite of Consecration to a Life of Virginity

Ave Maria!  Today I "stand in wonder" anew at the glory of my Beloved Bridegroom, our Lord Jesus Christ, who from all eternity chose me to be His bride!  Me!  "Ah! he hath loved me, yea, I say, he hath loved even me, even me myself, such as I am...!" (St. Francis de Sales, Treatise on the Love of God, Bk 12, Ch 12).  Ah, what joy!  What absolute, total, unspeakable joy!  There are no words to express it -- only "the silence of eternity, interpreted by love" (John Greenleaf Whittier, "Dear Lord and Father of Mankind").  Today, this jubilant eighth anniversary of my consecration as a vigin, in the silence of my heart I sing with greater joy and gratitude than ever, in humble yet exultant praise of Him to whom I belong through His glorious gift and abundant grace: "I am espoused to Him whom the angels serve.  Sun and moon stand in wonder at His glory."  And you, too, my dear family and friends, my sweet sisters and brothers in our dear Lord, whose wondrous love binds us together, come, join the happy,  happy song!  Alleluia, alleluia, alleluia!!!

O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt His name together.  ~Psalm 34:3

No comments:

Post a Comment